September 20, 2013

Indiana's Nursery Reveal!


Just a little while longer and this darling nursery will be home to my little Indiana! 

We are super excited and I am so ready to get this baby out. This pregnancy has been so much different from Heidi's. While I have had way more aches and pains this pregnancy, I think I enjoyed it more overall. Having been pregnant before, I'm much better at reassuring myself that it will be over soon and things will go back to normal. Plus, I know what I have to look forward to.

Some pregnancy ailments I have experienced thus far: morning sickness (stopped at 12 weeks thank goodness), leg falling out of  hip socket leaving me temporarily paralyzed (too much relaxin!), constant heavy pressure/soreness down there, hip/leg/foot/calf/back/shoulder cramps at least once a day, sciatica, anemia followed by 3 day-long hospital iron transfusions, heartburn, and worst of all - frequent painful contractions/cramping throughout third trimester. I think some of these symptoms may be related to dehydration and the baby sucking up all my nutrients. I've heard that dehydration can increase contractions and leg cramps, but it feels like I drink and drink and still get them - which makes me think that I just don't have the minerals I need to properly hydrate. So I've been trying Coconut Water,  taking Magnesium supplements, and Evergreen to try to help. I notice the biggest difference with Evergreen and Magnesium. 

Heidi's pregnancy, on the other hand, was pretty routine. Yes I had morning sickness and heartburn, and a little sciatica, but it was nothing like this one. This one has been way more uncomfortable and I'm not sure why. I haven't gotten pre-eclampsia yet like I did with Heidi though, so I guess I should be grateful. 

My biggest pregnancy craving so far has been sweets - I have made more chocolate chip cookies in this pregnancy than I have in all my previous years of existence combined. I think I have finally perfected my recipe! Chocolate cake has been a favorite as well. Apart from sweets I've craved orange juice, french bread and butter, tomato sandwiches (sliced tomato, fresh ground salt and pepper, mayo on sourdough toast), tangy homemade potato salad, and fish n chips. I'd love to know what all these cravings mean. It feels like nothing tastes the same when you are pregnant and all your favorite foods become non appealing, and then all of the sudden something unusual that you normally wouldn't be interested in tastes amazing. Is it your body's way of trying to get something its lacking? I wonder! 

Indiana is the name we've chosen for her. We will call her "Indie" for short. But I love both.

Other top contenders were: Navy, Scarlett, Calise, and Sloane. We haven't decided on a middle name yet so we may use one these. 

Thats it for now. I will definitely be posting more now that sweet little Indie will be here soon! So stay tuned :)


 P.S. Did you know Jellycat makes security blankets? I love everything Jellycat! That owl hanging on the dresser is a Jellycat musical pull too, but it doesn't quite fit on my crib so I need to extend the belt. Super cute though! 

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I haven't read any of my favorite blogs in months! Congrats on your pregnancy! Indiana is an adorable name! Indiana Calise sounds cute!

La Maman Heureuse said...

So happy to see you surface again and can't wait to see your new little babe. Love the name and the nickname is really sweet!

Good luck on your delivery! I'll be thinking of you!

Mademoiselle Michael Blog said...

Thinking of you! That is definitely QUITE the list—you are a trooper, girlfriend!

You won't believe this: craving chocolate is a sign the body is deficient in magnesium. I learned that in the hospital! Totally makes sense you are feeling better with that, which is good because you deserve some relief!

So excited for you. The nursery is beautiful & I know your little one will be too!

Sunny said...

I know how hard the last few weeks can be. Hang in there. Sounds like she's been putting your patience to the test already. ;) Love the name. Looking forward to meeting her.
xo

Natalie said...

I LOVE the nursery, it's like snow which is good because she'll be a winter baby!!