December 20, 2010

365 Days of Heidi

Sorry I haven't posted in forever. I haven't been a very good blogger, I know. But I'm back!

 So lets get on with it. 

Heidi is officially a year old. I never thought I was going to be one of those moms who became an emotional wreck every time their child hit a milestone, but apparently I am. Heidi's first birthday was somewhat of a somber day for me. Its sad to me that she will soon no longer be a baby; that this time in both of our lives when everything is new will be so short lived. Of course my mother's response to this was "Don't be sad! You're too young to be feeling this way! Just have another baby and you'll be too busy to care." While I do agree that another baby would be a distraction, I'm pretty sure she had ulterior motives in her advice (sneaky!). I'm happy with our little family of three. Maybe we will have another one someday but for now I don't want to be distracted. I want to enjoy every fleeting moment of this little girl's life. I just know that she wont be a child forever. There will be a day when we have to say goodbye and let her leave to start a life of her own.

Raising a child is a highly underrated privilege, isn't it?








No comments: